We all inherit outdated ideas about our roles in a relationship from our parents. This book shows you a whole new set of skills to help you have the relationship you've been longing for. The New Couple introduces 10 essential `laws' based on self-confidence and equality to help you find real intimacy, passion and enjoyment.
Where can couples turn to when the old rules don't work anymore?
Seana McGee and Maurice Taylor, couple educators and husband-and-wife psychotherapist team, have the solution in their 10 New Laws of Love, which can help all couples attain a happy, long-lasting relationship.
These include chemistry, emotional integrity, deep listening, equality, self-love and peacemaking.
Each chapter introduces one of these basic `laws' and teaches couples how to incorporate them into their own partnership.
The New Couple methods offer answers to common questions such as:
* The honeymoon's over and our sex life has cooled down. Is this normal? What's going on?
* A simple disagreement turned into an all-out fight and now we aren't speaking. How did we get to this?
* I feel like I'm losing my individuality and freedom, and I'm growing more and more resentful of my partner. Isn't there more to married life than this?
* Neither of us is willing to budge. I think we're at an impasse. Do we throw in the towel?
* Can we both achieve our dreams? How?
* I'm single and twice shy? How do I keep from stepping into another messy relationship?
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 384
Weight: 487 g
Dimensions: 234 x 153 x 27 mm
`The Ten New Laws of Love are essential guideposts for anyone looking to be in a successful, fulfilling relationship.'
John Gray, Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus
`The complexities of love may seem mysterious, but the wisdom in McGee and Taylor's The New Couple and its Ten New Laws of Love guides us to awareness, wholeness, and infinite blessings.'
`I don't think that ... anyone can afford not to do that workshop'
'Married American couple Maurice Taylor and Seana McGee are a walking, talking advertisement for their book, The New Couple'
The Straits Times, Singapore
'A new American counselling technique teaches couples the rules of relationships - before things go wrong'
The Sunday Times
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review