The Military Balance 2014 - The Military Balance (Paperback)The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
The Military Balance 2014 contains region-by-region analysis of the major military and economic developments affecting defence and security policies and the trade in weapons and other military equipment. Detailed entries describe the military capabilities of 171 countries, displaying key equipment inventories and defence economics. Comprehensive tables detail major training activities, UN and non-UN deployments, and international comparisons of defence expenditure and military personnel.
New Features in The Military Balance 2014:
- New analytical country essays focusing on Algeria, Ethiopia, Brazil, Pakistan, North Korea and China, among others. There are also essays covering conflict analysis and conflict trends, unmanned systems in the land, sea and air domains, and on measuring cyber capabilities.
- Updated graphics feature on comparative defence statistics, with a focus on defence economics, defence industry and major land, sea and air capabilities.
- Updated and expanded national capability summaries.
- An expanded table of military training exercises, arranged by region.
- Tables showing UN and non-UN peacekeeping and security deployments for 2013-14.
- New maps on France's bases in Africa, the Afghanistan transition process, and peacekeeping operations in Africa.
- Updated Chart of Conflict, with a focus on women in conflict.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 510
Weight: 975 g
Dimensions: 246 x 174 x 25 mm
'Because military affairs are inevitably clouded in fog, the IISS Military Balance is an essential companion for those who seek to understand.' - Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, former UK Defence Secretary and Secretary-General of NATO
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?