This book provides an accessible, readable, student-centred guide to Descartes' Meditations, which is a set text for AQA AS Philosophy.
Through lucid explanation, careful use of modern examples and engaging activities it leads students towards deeper understanding of Descartes' arguments and the wider philosophical implications of his ideas.
Key features include:
- a biographical introduction setting The Meditations in its historical context
- a step-by-step guide through the text of The Meditations including key quotes
- tasks and activities to stimulate thought and help readers understand and evaluate Descartes' philosophy
- a critical analysis of the philosophical implications of Descartes' ideas
- end-of-chapter key point summaries covering what readers need to know to answer exam questions on The Meditations
- an extensive glossary of key words and ideas
- thorough referencing to enable students to follow up key ideas and quotes in independent study.
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 160
Weight: 344 g
Dimensions: 245 x 172 x 9 mm