The Lost Art of the Good Schmooze: Building Rapport and Defusing Conflict in Everyday and Public Talk (Hardback)Diana Boxer (author)
- We can order this
This book shows how a good schmooze can be turned to social benefit, without the humiliation of "sucking up" or the hypocrisy of the "the hard sell."
* Conversational exchanges in social life, family life, workplace talk, educational interaction, and cross-cultural sequences
* Excerpts from interviews, media, and ordinary verbal interactions
* Examples of personalities schmoozing well, and badly
* A glossary of sociolinguistic terminology
* A bibliography of sources about discourse analysis
Number of pages: 203
Weight: 517 g
Dimensions: 235 x 156 x 28 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review