The Language of War - Intertext (Paperback)Steve Thorne (author)
- We can order this
The Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. Working with Texts: A Core Introduction to Language Analysis (second edition, 2001) is the foundation text, which is complemented by a range of 'satellite' titles. These provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics, and can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts.
The Language of War:
* explores how military discourse has entered mainstream language use
* focuses on how language is used to construct opposing sides during armed conflict
* analyzes the interaction between verbal and visual language in military propaganda
* compares and contrasts media coverage of war with the language of official reports
* draws on an eclectic range of military and non-military texts from a wide variety of sources.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 120
Weight: 227 g
Dimensions: 248 x 171 x 7 mm