The Kurds: An Encyclopedia of Life, Culture, and Society (Hardback)Sebastian Maisel (editor)
- We can order this
This indispensable resource for Western readers about the Kurds-an ancient indigenous group that exemplifies diversity in the Middle East-examines their history, politics, economics, and social structure.
* Supplies a thorough examination of the Kurds, a people that are of great interest and relevance to the general public because of their successful campaign against the Islamic State
* Offers a local, regional, and global perspective on important current Middle Eastern issues through the context of the Kurdish people
* Underscores how the Kurds stand for diversity and pluralism in an otherwise homogeneous Middle East
* Enables readers to develop a much better understanding of U.S. involvement in the Middle East
* Includes entries written by a team of international contributors, including many Kurdish scholars
Number of pages: 376
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review