The History of Singapore - Greenwood Histories of the Modern Nations (Hardback)Jean E. Abshire (author)
- We can order this
This book overviews Singapore's fascinating history from the precolonial era to the present, examining this wealthy island nation from economic, political, cultural, and social perspectives.
* Documents the contributions of nearly two dozen pivotal figures that helped shape Singapore through brief biographical sketches of each individual
* Provides a chronology of major events and developments in Singapore's history
* Contains maps of Singapore and Southeast Asia
* Includes a bibliographic essay that suggests further reading on topics ranging from military history, World War II, an ethnic neighborhood study, and regional context
* An index assists readers in quickly referencing key persons, locations, events, and concepts
Number of pages: 179
Weight: 458 g
Dimensions: 235 x 156 x 20 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review