In this volume, the history of strategic games - from its origins up to 1945 - is traced through the work of:
* 19th Century economists such as Cournot and Edgeworth
* Voting theorists - including Lewis Carroll
* Conflict theorists - Richardson and Lanchester
* Probabilists such as Bertrand, Borel and Ville
* Later economists - notably Stackelberg and Zeuthen
This authoritative account of the history of game theory concludes with a historical perspective on the achievement of von Neumann and Morgenstern, and an appraisal of the reception of their book.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 200
Weight: 431 g
Dimensions: 234 x 156 x 14 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.