According to ancient Yogic tradition, your soul has four distinct desires:
* The desire for purpose, the drive to become who you are meant to be
* The desire for the means (money, security, health) to prosper in this world
* The desire for pleasures like intimacy, beauty and love
* The desire for spiritual fulfillment and lasting freedom
Learning to honour these four desires is the key to happiness, and to a complete and balanced life. But how can you discern what will truly satisfy your desires? How can you increase your capacity to achieve them? What if your desires seem to conflict with one another? Is it really possible to live a spiritual life while also wanting material pleasures and success?
For more than three decades, master teacher Rod Stryker has taught yoga in the context of its deepest philosophy. His course, called The Yoga of Fulfillment ™, has helped thousands recognise their soul's call to greatness and to achieve their dreams. Now, in this wise and richly practical book, he has distilled those broad teachings into a road map for becoming the person you were meant to be. It is filled with revealing true stories, provocative exercises and practices for unlocking your inner guidance. And even if you've never done a yoga pose, you can follow this step-by-step process to:
* discover your soul's unique purpose - the one you came into this world to fulfill.
* recognise the goal(s) you need to focus on at any given time and enliven your capacity to reach them.
* overcome self-defeating ideas and behaviour.
* recruit your deepest energies and strengthen your resolve to meet any challenge.
* learn to live with joy at every stage of your growth.
The Four Desires is nothing less than a complete path toward living your best life possible - a life that is rich in meaning and in means, a life that attracts and emanates happiness.
Publisher: Hay House UK Ltd
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 425 g
Dimensions: 230 x 153 x 23 mm
The Four Desires is a provocative interactive workbook for living your best possible life. The end game here is to know your highest, most authentic self and create a road map to living out your dreams. (Who wouldn't want that?) Stryker is a masterful guide, and the journey he creates is fun - and abundantly fruitful. Kaitlin Quistgaard, editor-in-chief, Yoga Journal Rod Stryker is one of the truly bright lights of modern yoga. He connects to the sincere seeker's heart, while his straight forward scholarship emboldens the mind. The Four Desires is an outstanding book, advancing the integrity and lustre of modern yoga. John Friend, founder of Anusara yoga The Four Desires is a rare accomplishment: a book of valuable, profound wisdom that is easy to learn from, live by and love. I will be carrying a dog-eared copy of it for years. Mark Bryan, author of The Artist's Way at Work A practical manual which brings ancient philosophy into modern context and accessibility. Yoga & Health magazine