The Female Brain (Paperback)Louann Brizendine, MD (author)
- In stock
In this groundbreaking book, Dr Louann Brizendine describes the uniquely flexible structure of the female brain and its constant, dynamic state of change - the key difference that separates it from that of the male - and reveals how women think, what they value, how they communicate, and whom they'll love. She also reveals the neurological explanations behind why...
* A woman remembers fights that a man insists never happened...
* Thoughts about sex enter a woman's brain perhaps once every couple of days, but mayenter a man's brain up to once every minute...
* A woman's brain goes on high alert during pregnancy - and stays that way long after giving birth...
* A woman over 50 is more likely to initiate divorce than a man...
* Women tend to know what people are feeling, while men can't spot an emotion unless someone cries or threatens them with bodily harm!
Accessible, fun and compelling, and based on more than three decades of research, The Female Brain will help women to better understand themselves - and the men in their lives.
Publisher: Transworld Publishers Ltd
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 241 g
Dimensions: 198 x 127 x 22 mm
Sassy, witty, reassuring and great fun. All women and the men who love them, should read this book -- Christiane Northrup, author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
Timely, insightful, readable and an altogether magnificent book -- Sarah Hardy, author of Mother Nature
An eye-opening account of the biological foundations of human behaviour. Destined to become a classic... -- Marilyn Yalom, author of A History of the Wife
Ranging from sex to breast-feeding, fights to teenage girls, Brizendine communicates in a fresh, engaging style, explaining the structure of the brain, which determines women's thoughts, values and communication skills. A fantastic guide from a heavyweight academic. * Good Book Guide *
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Please note that owing to current COVID-19 restrictions, many of our shops are closed. Find out more by clicking here.