The Encyclopedia of Middle East Wars [5 volumes]: The United States in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Iraq Conflicts (Hardback)Spencer C. Tucker (editor)
- We can order this
This in-depth study of U.S. involvement in the modern Middle East carefully weighs the interplay of domestic, cultural, religious, diplomatic, international, and military events in one of the world's most troubled regions.
* Hundreds of alphabetically organized entries on wars, political events, religious and cultural issues, and diplomatic initiatives, as well as in-depth essays on background material, area and regional analyses, and biographical entries
* An introduction by General Anthony Zinni, USMC (Ret), former commander in chief of U.S. Central Command
* A chronologically arranged final volume comprised of primary and contemporary documents with individual introductions
* A detailed chronology of events
* Cross-references and books for further reading appended to each entry
* A bibliography of over 450 books that are the latest in the field
Number of pages: 1887
Weight: 7530 g
Dimensions: 300 x 239 x 180 mm
"The total work is highly recommended as a solid resource for public and academic libraries and some high schools. . . . This well-organized encyclopedia would provide advanced students with a solid introduction to topics that are in the news almost every day." - Booklist
"This work deserves a spot in all reference collections on the Middle East. . . . Highly recommended." - Choice
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review