The Dynamics of Change: Insights into Organisational Transition from the Natural World (Hardback)Francis Stickland (author)
- We can order this
Giving a fascinating insight into the world of change and transition, this radical book, aimed at both organizational change practitioners and academics, tackles the fundamental question `what is change?' The answers it seeks will significantly improve attempts to manage change more effectively.
Innovative and absorbing, it charts a journey through a range of subjects including complexity science, nuclear physics, climatology, chemistry and chaos theory examining the change phenomena and the lessons it has to offer organizational and system thinkers. Key features include:
* a review of the organisational change literature
* an introduction to systems thinking
* a change framework built up from key change building blocks
* examples of change dynamics from the natural and physical sciences, and how they apply to our understanding of change within organisations
* numerous summary tables and illustrative graphics
This book, the first devoted entirely to exploring what change is as a phenomenon, has a uniquely rigorous scientific approach. It will be a valuable resource for students and professionals alike in the field of business and organizational change.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 522 g
Dimensions: 235 x 159 x 20 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review