from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
General Editor Stanley Wells
The Oxford Shakespeare offers authoritative texts from leading scholars in editions designed to interpret and illuminate the works for modern readers
- a new, modern-spelling text, collated and edited from all existing printings
- on-page and facing-page commentary and notes explain language and allusions
- detailed introductions consider the sonnets' biographical and literary background, how the poems relate to the plays, dating and textual matters, and the mysteries of 'Mr W. H.' and the 'Dark Lady'
- includes poems attributed to Shakespeare in the seventeenth century
- full index to introductions and commentary
- durable sewn binding for lasting use
'not simply a better text but a new conception of Shakespeare. This is a major achievement of twentieth-century scholarship.' Times Literary Supplement
ABOUT THE SERIES: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the widest range of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, helpful notes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Weight: 786 g
Dimensions: 196 x 129 x 40 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?