Discover tried-and-tested techniques to help you relax during labour, so that you can work with your body for an empowering, positive birth.
Birth is a natural and normal event and, while it can be unpredictable, this book will show you how you can make it a gentle and enjoyable experience. In The Calm Birth Method, hypnobirthing expert Suzy Ashworth helps you to build confidence in your body and its abilities, and shares practical techniques to support you so that, no matter what happens, you feel prepared.
Walking you and your birth partner through the whole process of birth preparation, Suzy explores:
* Why many women feel so scared of giving birth and how to eliminate these fears during pregnancy
* How relaxing your mind and body during birth transforms your physiology
* Practical tools and techniques to promote deep relaxation and mindfulness
* How to unify birth partners and care providers, to ensure the birthing environment is stress-free and has the most conducive set up for a calm and relaxing birth
* Breathing techniques and visualizations to help with the sensations of birth
Take the power back into your own hands so that you can learn to trust your body, and look forward to welcoming your child into the world with confidence.
Publisher: Hay House UK Ltd ISBN: 9781781808467 Number of pages: 240 Weight: 306 g Dimensions: 216 x 135 x 16 mm
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect.
Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at