The Bee Garden: How to Create or Adapt a Garden to Attract and Nurture Bees (Paperback)Maureen Little (author)
- In stock
Bees play a vital and irreplaceable role in pollinating our flowers, fruits and vegetables. The more bees in your garden the healthier, more productive and more pleasant a place it will be. Yet bees are declining rapidly and many people, even if they do not wish to keep bees themselves, are asking what can be done on an individual basis to help the bee.
This book is a response to that request. It will demonstrate in one accessible volume how each of us can play our part in providing a bee-friendly environment, no matter how much gardening space and/or time we may have.
* How bees forage, what bees you can expect to find in your garden and what plants are best for them.
* Why honey bees are so important; what they need to thrive and how they detect and access those requirements; and what varieties of plants are best suited to provide those needs.
* How the gardener can offer and maintain a bee-friendly garden, followed by a season-by-season account of what beefriendly plants are in flower and when, and what jobs the gardener can be doing during these times to help bees thrive.
* A gazetteer of selected bee-friendly plants, arranged by type of plant in seasonal sub-sections.
* Illustrative, practical planting plans, including a culinary herb garden, a potager, a wild flower garden, and a 3 seasons traditional border.
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Number of pages: 288
Weight: 633 g
Dimensions: 245 x 175 x 15 mm
You may also be interested in...
“I want to do my bit for the bee!”
I bought this book as a bit of an impulse buy! You hear various bits and pieces in the media about how important the bee is to us, but it does feel like whatever we do as individuals, it probably won't make that... More
“A Unique Bee Book!”
A great read - full of utterly fascinating, and very informative, facts and really meaningful photographs to illustrate this very topical subject. The author's own tips, reminiscences and memories are interwoven... More
Please sign in to write a review
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.