Each chapter has clearly defined teaching procedures which show how to take the children onto the next more sophisticated stage. The teaching procedures are organized into key teaching topics, and each includes:
- a clearly defined purpose
- detailed instructions, activities, learning tasks and reinforcing games
- lists of responses which children may make
- application in whole class, small group and individualised settings
- a link to the Learning Framework in Number (see Early Numeracy- second edition, 2005)
- how the guiding principles for teaching can be used to allow teachers to evaluate and reflect upon their practice
Primary practitioners in Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada have tested the teaching procedures which can be used in conjunction with each country′s numeracy strategy.
Primary teachers, especially of the early years, mathematics co-ordinators, heads of school, mathematics advisers, special educationalists, learning support personnel, teacher assistants, lecturers in initial teacher training and educational psychologists will all find this book invaluable.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 264
Weight: 500 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?