Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents (Paperback)Russell A. Barkley (author)
- Not available
Winner of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Book of Merit Award!
A treasured parent resource since its publication, Taking Charge of ADHD has now been revised and updated to incorporate the most current information on ADHD and its treatment. From internationally renowned ADHD expert Russell A. Barkley, the book empowers parents by arming them with the up-to-date knowledge, expert guidance, and confidence they need to ensure that their child receives the best care possible. Features of the revised edition include:
* A Step-by-step plan for behavior management that has helped thousands of children with ADHD
* Hard data that clear up current controversies about increased diagnosis and stimulant use
* New strategies that give children greater chances of success at school and in social situations
* Advances in genetic and neurological research that enhance our understanding of what causes ADHD
* Practical advice for parents on managing stress and keeping peace in the family
* Updated descriptions of books, organizations, and Internet resources that families can trust
The book has been updated in 2005 with the latest medication information, including coverage of Straterra and extended-release stimulants, as well as current research findings and resources.
Publisher: Guilford Publications
Number of pages: 332
Weight: 496 g
Dimensions: 254 x 184 x 25 mm
Edition: 2nd New edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review