Telling a riveting true story of the emergence and development of an American icon, this book traces swing dancing from its origins to its status as a modern-day art form.
* Contains insights from personal interviews with a variety of prominent dancers, scholars, and historians
* Presents a chronology of the emergence of vernacular American dancing and the development of swing, from colonial times to the present day
* Includes numerous illustrations and photographs depicting the diverse influences on the genre, from legendary musicians to iconic swing dancers and more
* Contains a select bibliography of diverse source material, such as books, films, and magazine and newspaper articles
* Provides a helpful index offering access to names, places, people, and all important subjects
Number of pages: 227
Weight: 526 g
Dimensions: 234 x 156 x 15 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review