It is of particular value to those who are considering acquiring their own pub, be it freehold, leasehold or tenancy. It gives clear direction on the vitally important process of initial selection and evaluation, highlighting the many pitfalls that will be found along the way. It details the controls required to maximise profit and reduce the risk of financial failure.
This second edition of 'Successful Pubs and Inns':
* Down to earth, jargon-free guide to running a pub - and making a profit
* Provides an excellent overview of the legislation affecting all innkeepers
* Looks at the social responsibilities of licensees
* Puts into context the dramatic growth in themed and branded pubs
* Gives practical advice on the dangers of slack food hygiene practice
Michael Sargent after an early career in marketing, ran a successful inn before moving into managing groups of pubs, becoming a director of pub operating companies. He now concentrates on writing.
Tony Lyle has had considerable experience in senior roles in the licensed trade with responsibilities for large groups of pubs throughout the south of England. He now runs his own licensed trade consultancy specialising in leasing, appraisals, acquisitions and rent reviews.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 295 g
Dimensions: 216 x 140 x 14 mm
Edition: 2nd New edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review