Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management (Hardback)Admir Hadzic (author)
- Publisher out of stock
The cornerstone text on the theory and practice of regional anesthesia and pain management
Presented in full color, this classic covers the theory and practice of regional anesthesia in its entirety, providing practitioners and students with both the physiologic principles and specific, state-of-the-art patient-management protocols and techniques.
Recognized leaders in the specialty have filled this richly illustrated volume with authoritative, completely practical help. Readers will find algorithms for managing or avoiding a wide range of common clinical dilemmas or complications. The book includes time-saving tools such as intravenous-to-oral opioid conversion tables and PCA setup guides as well as a selection of nerve block techniques and advice on their strengths and pitfalls. This handy reference helps readers make wise choices about anesthetics, dosing intervals, equipment, and perioperative management of patients receiving single-injection or continuous nerve blocks or spinal or epidural anesthesia. It tells them how to successfully manage patients with suspected epidural hematoma or neurologic injuries -- and much more.
* NEW INFORMATION on the emerging use of ultrasound in nerve blocks - including patient outcomes, how it affects resident physician training, and the very latest recommendations
* Includes hundreds of full-color illustrations
* Covers the entire field of regional anesthesia
* Details how to achieve reliable anesthesia and analgesia for surgical interventions on the face and upper and lower extremities
* Provides information on the advantages and disadvantages of using regional anesthesia in patients with coexisting diseases
* Features up-to-date information on the etiology, prevention, and management of a wide range of complications
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Number of pages: 1296
Weight: 2792 g
Dimensions: 282 x 218 x 48 mm
2007 BRITISH MEDICAL ASSOCIATION MEDICAL BOOK AWARDS
Highy Commended - Textbook of Regional Anaesthesia and Acute Pain Management, Hadzic
`This is a superbly illustrated and comprehensive text covering all aspects of regional anaesthesia. It has both in-depth analysis of methods and risks as well as rapid access clinical pearls to focus necessary information of the rapid "in-theatre" check. A useful addition to any anaesthesia library.' BMA REVIEWER QUOTE 2007
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review