Exploring the questions of today
Sociology Now reflects the discipline today andÂ explores the big questions about multiculturalism and globalization that sociologists ask.
Sociology has always offered a way to make sense of the complex and sometimes contradictory forces that shape our social lives in any era. As Sociology NowÂ explains sociology as both aÂ body of knowledge and a "way of seeing," it shows how the forces of globalization and multiculturalism have come to preoccupy sociologists and influence the way they look at the events and experiences of the early twenty first century. Michael Kimmel, a leading sociologist and gender researcher, and co-author Amy Aronson, a journalist and media scholar, address questions regarding these forces head-on as they make a compelling case for the importance of sociology in the contemporary world.
The Census UpdateÂ program incorporates 2010 Census data into a coursea??simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphsa??to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition, A Short Introduction to the U.S. Census is available and an updated MySocLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning a?? The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking a?? Each chapter opener asks students to consider a paradox that illustrates the complexity of sociology.
- Engage Students a?? Unique pedagogical features help students see the connection between research and everyday life.
- Explore Theory a?? Classical perspectives integrated with discussions of multiculturalism and globalization.
- Understand Diversity a?? Race, class, and gender are discussed both as the foundations of our identity and as sources of inequality.< /LI>
- Support Instructors a?? The test bank is edited by the authors.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit: www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost). ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205172768 /Â ValuePackÂ ISBN-13: 9780205172764
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Weight: 1261 g
Dimensions: 254 x 216 x 25 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review