This book will help you reduce the number of young adults who leave school without completing a high school program. These successfully proven strategies were identified through research conducted by The National Dropout Prevention Center at Clemson University.
The strategies are:
- EARLY INTERVENTIONS
- Family Involvement... reach out to all families
- Early Childhood Education... begin positive learning environments early
- Reading and Writing Programs... establish this foundation to all learning
THE BASIC CORE STRATEGIES
- Mentoring/Tutoring... increase competency with a supportive adult or peer
- Service Learning... implement academic learning connected to service
- Alternative Schooling... provide options beyond the traditional setting
- Out-of-School Enhancement... develop after-care, summer school, and extended hours
MAKING THE MOST OF INSTRUCTION
- Professional Development... provide resources & training for innovative, research-based techniques
- Learning Styles and Multiple Intelligences... implement proven methods for a diverse student population
- Instructional Technologies... integrate technology into daily curriculum
- Individualized Learning... provide customized work plans for each student
MAKING THE MOST OF THE WIDER COMMUNITY
- Systemic Renewal... change rules, roles, and relationships to effect school improvement
- Community Collaboration... engage businesses and organizations
- Career Education and Workforce Readiness... provide applied training and instruction for today's workplace
- Conflict Resolution and Violence Prevention... teach the strategies of fair engagement and safety
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 272
Weight: 444 g
Dimensions: 229 x 152 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
For shops outside of these areas: reserve online, pay on collection.
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.