Strategic Managerial Accounting: Hospitality, Tourism & Events Applications 6edn explores the nature of these industry sectors and how these impact on the strategic managerial accounting (SMA) tools used by decision makers in the industry.
Formerly known as Managerial Accounting in the Hospitality Industry by Harris and Hazzard, this new edition builds on this successful and well known text, retaining its practical approach and active learning style, extending to consider strategic management accounting and to include tourism and events management industry contexts.
This new 6th edition incorporates discussion, explanations and illustrations of the theoretical underpinning of hospitality, tourism and events related to SMA and managerial accounting concepts and techniques, together with specific examples of industry application. It has a user friendly chapter structure, with pedagogic features including objectives, learning activities, self check questions, references, and key points summaries. Each chapter includes `theoretical context' sections which put the applied learning in the context of current research and thinking to bring the theory to life.
Key features of this text are:
* A complete revision and expansion of the well known and successful Harris and Hazzard text;
* Includes several brand new chapters such as: Event and Function Management Accounting techniques, Sustainability & Environmental Management Accounting (EMA), Not-for-profit Organisations, Current Issues in Strategic Management Accounting;
* Uses international real life case studies to illustrate from across the hospitality, tourism and events sectors including charity (not-for-profit) sector and music events;
* Links to applied and generic research on each topic;
* Includes International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) terminology suitable for an international audience.
With a complete suite of online tutor resources, this book is essential reading for all year 2/3 undergraduate and postgraduate students studying hospitality, tourism and events management.
Publisher: Goodfellow Publishers Limited
Number of pages: 320
Dimensions: 2460 x 1890 mm
Edition: Revised ed.