Stop Thinking, Start Living: Discover Lifelong Happiness (Paperback)Richard Carlson (author)
- In stock online
Revolutionary in its simplicity and accessible to all, this bestselling book offers commonsense methods that allow you to let go of depression and tap into natural joy.
In this indispensable handbook, Richard Carlson demonstrates how we can change everything in our lives - earn more money, meet new friends, get a new job - yet still feel dissatisfied. Happiness, he says, is not 'out there' but within, a state of mind that is independent of circumstance: 'If you begin to see that your thoughts are not the real thing - they're just thoughts and as thoughts they can't hurt you - your entire life will begin to change today.'
Carlson's step-by-step guide explains:
* How your thoughts determine how you feel.
* Why thinking about problems only makes them worse.
* That thoughts come and go - you are free to choose at any moment which to hold on to and which to let go.
* Straightforward methods for conquering depression.
* How to dismiss negative thoughts and discover inner contentment.
* How to overcome lifelong pessimism and start really living.
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 140 g
Dimensions: 198 x 129 x 12 mm
'This is the book I give to all my depressed friends; they start to look better from around page 3!'
You may also be interested in...
“An Absolute must-have!”
I received this book as a Christmas present from my Uncle - i myself collected from Waterstones on Bond Street; opposite Selfridges Building.
I thought - self-help books? Do it yourself! Seen them all before in... More
“Do not miss out on this one!”
Wish I'd read this book twenty years ago! Serioulsy, one that is not to be missed. I loved it.
Please sign in to write a review