This multivolume set is much more than a collection of essays on sports and sporting cultures from around the world: it also details how and why sports are played wherever they exist, and examines key charismatic athletes from around the world who have transcended their sports.
* Nearly 900 entries cover most aspects of sport from around the world
* Contributions from more than 200 distinguished scholars, such as Mark Dyreson, Henning Eichberg, Malcolm MacLean, S.W. Pope, and Rob Ruck
* Entries on players, stadiums, arenas, famous games and matches, major scandals, and disasters
* Lists of Olympic medalists for all events since 1896 as well as lists of winners of major events such as the FIFA World Cup and MLB World Series
* Further reading selections provide direction for in-depth analysis of each event, sport, personality, or issue discussed
Number of pages: 1848
Weight: 6418 g
Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 140 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review