Spelling Rules, Riddles and Remedies: Advice and activities to enhance spelling achievement for all (Paperback)Sally Raymond (author)
- We can order this
Spelling Rules, Riddles and Remedies is for anyone supporting learners who are struggling to understand the world of English spellings.
This book engages both learners and their learning by using practical and dynamic resources to reveal the cause and effect of spelling confusions. By posing opportunities for understanding memory-related applications, learners and their spelling tutors are then empowered with the knowledge and resources required to amend, improve and proliferate spelling success.
Using a range of unique and very accessible 'Spelling Detective' and 'Learning Application' activities, best-selling author Sally Raymond:
* Shows how to engage a pupil through use of meta-cognition;
* Highlights reasons why spelling abilities might fail;
* Explores and resolves the impact of English spelling irregularities and deviations through informed discovery;
* Uses mnemonics and story-lines to link tangible prompts to confident spelling ability;
* Provides structured game-play and challenging practise lessons;
* Boosts pupils' achievement through the strategic use of multiple processing skills.
Clearly presented and highly illustrated, this book encourages creativity and shows teachers how to adopt and adapt a variety of learning strategies to suit different needs.
Targeting learners in Key Stage 2 upwards, Spelling Rules, Riddles and Remedies brings a wealth of ideas to stimulate spelling success.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 158
Weight: 440 g
Dimensions: 298 x 210 x 13 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review