South Asia 2015 (Hardback)Europa Publications (editor)
- We can order this
Exhaustively researched and updated, South Asia 2015 is an in-depth library of information on the countries and territories of this vast world region.
New for 2015:
- a new essay examining gender-based inequalities in South Asian development, and a new article on the economy of Nepal
- a section dedicated to Telangana, India's newest state
- detailed coverage of political developments following highly significant elections in India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, the Maldives and Nepal.
Essays by specialists examine issues of regional importance, including:
- the USA's 'AfPak' strategy, population and environmental issues, security issues, the politics of water and political Islam.
Individual chapters on each country, containing:
- essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each nation
- up-to-date statistical surveys of economic and social indicators
- a comprehensive directory providing contact details and other useful information for the most significant political and commercial institutions.
In addition, there are separate sections covering each of the states and territories of India.
- detailed coverage of international organizations and their recent activities in South Asia
- information on research institutes engaged in the study of the region
- a survey of the major commodities of South Asia
- bibliographies of relevant books and periodicals.
- a Calendar of Political Events charts key developments in 2013-14
- biographical profiles of almost 300 prominent individuals in the region.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 808
Weight: 2087 g
Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 48 mm
Edition: 12th New edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review