from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
Sociology for AQA Volume 1: AS and 1st-Year A Level (Paperback)Ken Browne (author)
Sociology for AQA Volume 1 is the new edition of Ken Browne�s invaluable and widely used textbook, designed for AQA�s new Sociology AS level and Year 1 A level (for first teaching from September 2015). The book combines sociological rigour and accessibility, matching the AQA specifications and using these as a springboard to develop readers� sociological skills and understanding. The fifth edition includes:
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates
- practice questions on every specification topic
- a special chapter on the compulsory �Education with Methods in Context� requirement of the specifications
- full-colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations
- a dedicated website at www.politybooks.com/browne, with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Pitched at the right level for the new AQA Sociology specifications, the book provides the tools necessary to help students, whatever their needs, interests and abilities. Together with the accompanying Sociology for AQA Volume 2, this is an invaluable resource for teaching and studying sociology.
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Number of pages: 600
Weight: 1315 g
Dimensions: 254 x 193 x 33 mm
The Sociology Teacher
"Ken Browne’s 5th edition is fully updated to meet the requirements of the new AQA AS and A level specifications and is a must-read for both teachers and students to gain an understanding of the contemporary issues in Sociology."
Andy Leach, Head of Studies York College, Senior Examiner, A Level Trainer, Ex-Principal Moderator
"This is a detailed yet very accessible book which provides both a general introduction to the subject and highly specific guidance on material focused on the AS examination. There is a good balance of sociological theory and up-to-date research evidence. Both students and teachers should find it invaluable as they embark on the study of sociology."
David Gilmore, Cardinal Newman College, and Senior Examiner
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?