Social Work Law (Paperback)Alison Brammer (author)
- Coming soon
'This detailed and informative textbook's articulate, precise and accessible style allows students to grasp the basics of social work law. As such, it should be required reading for all student social workers.'
Dr Kenneth McLaughlin, Manchester Metropolitan University
"This is an excellent social work law text, which ... has been my core text for my teaching for 14 years. It is an excellent resource in terms of identifying case law ...and [for] exercises/case studies that can be used to support teaching." Lee Sobo-Allen, Senior Lecturer in Social Work, Leeds Beckett University
Develop and expand legal skills using knowledge and practice
Social Work Law, 5th Edition, by Alison Brammer is the market leading textbook for social work students and practitioners alike. It serves as a comprehensive, practical and accessible guide to the legal framework in the context of good social work practice for any student or social worker.
It provides a good understanding of the relevant law and practice essential for social workers operating within tight legal processes, to discharge their powers properly. The author provides a balanced account of the law as applied to children, families, and vulnerable adults.
Social Work Law uses a range of learning tools to help reinforce your understanding of the law in practice:
* Learning objectives at the start of each chapter help structure your study
* Talking points in each chapter identify areas of debate for discussion
* Exercises and case studies offer a problem based learning application of the law
* End of chapter summaries identify the key points from each topic
* Further reading sections and website references encourage you to explore the area further
* Legal Skills for working in court and other aspects of the social work role help to demystify the law and encourage students and social workers to embrace law as part of their career long professional development
This edition has been fully updated to take account of new legislation and case law as well as commentary on proposals for reform. Additional cases, self-test questions and answers to the exercises are available on a companion website at: go.pearson.com/uk/he/resources
Alison Brammer is a solicitor and Professor in the School of Law, Keele University. Her specialist interests are Social Work Law, Family and Child Law and Safeguarding. Alison has spoken at national and international conferences, is heavily involved with training work for Social Services Departments, and is Legal Editor of the Journal of Adult Protection.
Pearson, the world's learning company.
Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
Number of pages: 664
Weight: 1103 g
Dimensions: 245 x 190 x 25 mm
Edition: 5th New edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?