Snowboarding: The Ultimate Guide - Greenwood Guides to Extreme Sports (Hardback)Holly Thorpe (author)
- In stock online
- Free UK delivery
This book provides a comprehensive look at the snowboarding phenomenon, including its history; techniques and equipment; biographies of the sport's pioneers, athletes, and heroes; key sites and events; and future directions.
* Draws on interviews with more than 100 snowboarders
* Provides a chronology of snowboarding, starting from the mid 1960s to the present
* Includes biographical sketches of pioneers, athletes, and heroes, such as Jake Burton, Shaun White, and Craig Kelly
* Includes numerous photographs illustrating snowboarding in different sites, key events, and various styles of participation
* A bibliography lists the most useful, reliable, and accessible resources for understanding the topic, including videos and organizational listings
* A glossary defines key terms
* Each chapter includes interesting sidebars on related issues, controversies, people, events, and even pop culture tie-ins
Number of pages: 205
Weight: 499 g
Dimensions: 235 x 155 x 23 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review