Small Viscosity and Boundary Layer Methods: Theory, Stability Analysis, and Applications - Modeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology (Paperback)Guy Metivier (author)
- Not available
* Metivier is an expert in the field of pdes/math physics, with a particular emphasis on shock waves.
* New monograph focuses on mathematical methods, models, and applications of boundary layers, present in many problems of physics, engineering, fluid mechanics.
* Metivier has good Birkhauser track record: one of the main authors of "Advances in the Theory of Shock Waves" (Freistuehler/Szepessy, eds, 4187-4).
* Manuscript endorsed by N. Bellomo, MSSET series editor...should be a good sell to members of MSSET community, who by-in-large are based in Europe.
* Included are self-contained introductions to different topics such as hyperbolic boundary value problems, parabolic systems, WKB methods, construction of profiles, introduction to the theory of Evans' functions, and energy methods with Kreiss' symmetrizers.
Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
Number of pages: 194
Weight: 343 g
Dimensions: 235 x 155 x 12 mm
Edition: Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 200
From the reviews:
"The main aim of this book is to provide a self-contained introduction to the topic together with a large exposition of the recent results ... . The book is very well written with an interesting level of difficulty which makes it easy to read. It is recommended to everyone interested in this area, beginners and specialists, since it starts with a good introduction and the presentation of rather simple results and finishes with a nice exposition of current research." (Frederic Rousset, Mathematical Reviews, Issue 2007 b)
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review