Skills in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy - Skills in Counselling & Psychotherapy Series (Paperback)Susan Howard (author)
- Not available
Prof Alessandra Lemma, Trust-wide Head of Psychology and Visiting Professor, Essex University
This practical text is the first to systematically address the competencies and techniques identified as central to the delivery of effective psychodynamic practice. It provides a framework for the therapist to develop their skills and apply them to their practice by:
- discussing the personal and professional growth which underpins a professional and ethical attitude to the therapist's work
- linking specific competencies to the theory base underpinning them
- describing competencies in a systematic way
- including a chapter on how to use supervision
- using case material to illustrate competencies and dilemmas.
Addressing not only how to implement skills, but why they are being implemented, this book is a must-read for all trainees on psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy courses. It is also useful reading for trained practitioners who want an accessible introduction to psychodynamic skills in practice.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 176
Weight: 318 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 x 13 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review