When one door closes, and another plan is derailed, it's time to seek out the 'Silver Linings' and step up to the challenge. Jess Impiazzi's journey of self-discovery, hard lessons, heart-breaking moments, self-care and openness to transformation make for a raw, authentic and inspiring story about how to follow dreams, overcome challenges and celebrate kindness in many forms.
* Behind the scenes of popular reality TV shows
* Surviving and thriving through betrayal and divorce with England rugby international Denny Solomona.
* Living through anxiety, depression and attempted suicide.
* Pursuing a career in acting and the good, the bad and the ugly of life in the limelight.
* Finding happiness working as an active ambassador for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Jess is now a regular on the small and big screens, but the journey to where she is now, at 30 years old, has been far from straightforward. Having been accepted into the Italia Conti drama school, Jess's acting dreams were derailed when, aged 17, her mum became blind and Jess stepped in as her primary carer. Jess now champions the rights of the visually impaired with the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
Jess writes movingly, openly and with humour about her time in front of the camera as a model and on popular television shows and films. We learn what it really takes to get through the myriad auditions and what actually happens behind the scenes of reality TV - and what happens to the stars once the show ends.
In Silver Linings, Jess opens up about how she faced major life challenges including supporting her alcoholic father, losing her 13-month-old nephew to meningitis while in her care, Jess's mum's sudden blindness, being betrayed by her ex-husband, and mental health issues including depression and anxiety.
Publisher: Hashtag Press
Number of pages: 144
Dimensions: 234 x 153 mm