Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners: Read for pleasure at your level, expand your vocabulary and learn Italian the fun way! (Paperback)Olly Richards (author)
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of Italian.
Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too! - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners has been written specifically for students from a low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to B1-B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you, and give you a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
* Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
* Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
* Realistic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
* Beautiful illustrations accompanying each story, to set the scene and support your understanding
* Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
* Pleasure! Research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
With intriguing plots that will spark your imagination and keep you reading, Short Stories in Italian will take your grasp of Italian to the next level with key features to support and consolidate your progress, including:
* A glossary for bolded words in each text
* A bilingual word list
* Full plot summary
* Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language all without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners uses reading as the perfect tool to not only delight in learning Italian, but to accelerate your journey towards fluency.
Publisher: John Murray Press
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 180 g
Dimensions: 196 x 128 x 8 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?