Short Stories in Brazilian Portuguese for Beginners: Read for pleasure at your level, expand your vocabulary and learn Brazilian Portuguese the fun way! (Paperback)Olly Richards (author)
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young and adult learners of Brazilian Portuguese.
"Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too!" - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Brazilian Portuguese for Beginners has been written especially for students from high-beginner to low-intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, a feeling of progress and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to A2-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages, these eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
- Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
- Realistic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
- Beautiful illustrations accompanying each story, to set the scene and support your understanding
- Pleasure! Research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including:
- A glossary for bolded words in each chapter
- Full plot summary
- A bilingual word list
- Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Brazilian Portuguese for Beginners will make learning Brazilian Portuguese easy and enjoyable.
Publisher: John Murray Press
Number of pages: 240
Weight: 200 g
Dimensions: 196 x 128 x 20 mm
Olly's advice on language learning is the real deal, and I recommend you pay attention to what he has to say! * Benny Lewis, Fluent in 3 Months *
When we wanted to create a free online course on how to learn a language we asked Olly to write it with us. * Dr Tita Beaven, The Open University *
Learning a language is challenging, but it's one of the best things you can do for your brain and your learning skill set... Olly Richards is doing some seriously incredible work to empower more and more people to rise to the challenge. * Jonathan Levi *
Olly bridges the gap between theory and practice by helping you to use scientific principles to get real results with your language learning. * Anthony Metivier, Magnetic Memory Method *
Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too! * Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers *
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?