Over 60 practical and immediately applicable recipes to help you manage services in your enterprise environment efficiently
About This Book
* One-stop solutions to all the problems encountered while using ServiceNow
* Covers all the pillars of ServiceNow platform, that is, ITSM, ITOM, and so on
* Explore new and trending features such as ServiceNow cloud integration and end-to-end security
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
* Grasp the basics, such as entering and navigation, required to implement ServiceNow
* Use ServiceNow plugins to manage development
* Build and publish custom applications for service management
* Design data-driven apps to connect with the outside world by getting into client and server scripting
* Start using the Service Portal to easily create portals for end users
* Configure alerts and notifications and understand e-mail troubleshooting and watermarking
* Build and configure reports to set up your dashboard as per requirements
ServiceNow is the ideal platform from which to create enterprise-level applications, giving both requesters and fulfillers better visibility and access to a process. With this book, we'll guide you through the world of ServiceNow, letting you take on the best the platform offers you with the least amount of hassle.
Starting with core configuration and management tasks, this book will help you build data-driven apps and also explores development best practices. You will learn to set up email notifications for users and work with the database view for reporting. Next, you will build/design data-driven apps where you will learn to implement the new Automated Testing framework. You will also be guided through creating various tasks from workflows and how to make the most of workflow utilities available in ServiceNow. Following this, you will learn about Service Portal (new with Helsinki) where you will learn how to configure the portal and how to perform integrations with different cloud platforms, along with tips and tricks on using the portal effectively. Finally, you will learn to use paid plugins such as Discovery, Orchestration, and Service Mapping.
By the end of this book, you will have acquired immediately applicable skills to rectify everyday problems encountered on the ServiceNow platform.
Style and approach
This book follows a recipe-based, problem-solving approach to address and dispel challenges faced when implementing and using ServiceNow on a regular basis.
It will serve as a quick-fix when trying to solve specific problems without having to read an exhaustive tutorial.
Publisher: Packt Publishing Limited
Number of pages: 296
Dimensions: 235 x 191 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition