Building on the foundations of the first edition, this comprehensive textbook remains a vital tool for postgraduate students seeking to understand the principles of service operations management, and for undergraduate students specializing in hospitality, tourism and public sector management.
With services accounting for 70 percent of employment and growth in our economy, this textbook explains what is needed to ensure the most efficient and effective service operations are delivered. Covering not-for-profit agencies, charities, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and utilities alongside finance, healthcare and commercial companies, this guide explores the essentials of service operations management with its innovative approach to delivering customers' imperatives in services.
Written in a clear and accessible manner this updated second edition:
* takes an increased international perspective on service operations
* is updated to reflect the most significant changes in service operations management, and to provide enhanced coverage of areas touched on in the first edition
* includes new and updated international case studies in each chapter, reflecting the increased globalization of service operations, with internationalizing updates to include content suitable for a global audience
* covers mobile technology and presents the author's own research embracing big data analytics and neurolinguistics in building customer service systems
* expands coverage of process-reengineering and service flows, business process assessments, and developing economies.
Publisher: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd ISBN: 9781788115933 Number of pages: 608 Dimensions: 169 x 244 mm Edition: 2nd Revised edition
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect.
Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at