This book offers an exploration of the comprehensive impact of the events of September 11, 2001, on every aspect of American culture and society.
* More than 100 aspects of American culture are discussed in terms of their response to-or reflection of-the events of September 11
* 68 scholars from a variety of disciplines contributed to this book
* A compelling chronological view of how America responded to the September 11 attacks-in our everyday life, our work environments, and in popular culture
* Helpful indexes offer access to the entries by genre, title, and author
* Spotlight essays discuss specific television shows, films, music, literature, and art works that came as a result of September 11, while shorter essays focus on specific books, TV shows, songs, and films.
Number of pages: 319
Weight: 814 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 20 mm
"The editors are to be commended for including unusual topics that might pique the interest of students and general readers: greeting cards, comic books, humor, and comfort food for the recovery workers, among others. This book is a good ready-reference source for students, researchers, and general readers." - Booklist Online
"This well-produced guide is a surprisingly rich compendium of the numerous ways in which the events of 9/11 have insinuated themselves into people's daily lives and the cultural landscape. . . . this is a nuanced, sensitive guide to a profoundly powerful and disturbing historic event." - Choice
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review