Self-Publishing For Dummies (Paperback)Jason R. Rich (author)
Thinking about self-publishing your book? This no-nonsense guide walks you through the entire process of going it alone
If you have a great idea for a book or informative content to share with an audience or have written a book and want to bypass traditional publishing, you're in the right place. Aspiring and experienced writers alike will benefit from this user-friendly and detailed guide with coverage on the self-publishing process from preparing your manuscript and creating the perfect title to selling the final product.
Self-Publishing For Dummies lays out the pros and cons of self-publishing, helps you avoid the most common mistakes made by authors and self-publishers, and makes you aware of legal issues associated with book publishing. You'll learn the basics of researching to include the right details, what the parts of a book are (from the copyright page to the index and bibliography), and when to edit your own work and when to hire a professional editor.
When it comes to the business aspects of self-publishing your book and building your own publishing company, you're in charge of each exciting step from naming your business, to writing the business plan, managing the finances and expenses, and who to call on for expert advice. It's up to you to decide on a title for your book, as well as the layout and design. Once your book is complete, you'll have it printed -- through traditional, non-traditional, or on-demand means.
You'll discover how to
- Apply for and obtain an ISBN
- Copyright your work to protect it
- Negotiate with and manage vendors, including printers, designers, and copyeditors
- Secure a warehouse to store your book
- Work with distributors to get your book to your audience
- Set prices and monitor inventory
- Write a press release and other marketing materials to promote your book
- Collaborate with the media and publicists to build awareness for your book
- Build an online presence with a website, newsletters, blog, or podcast
- Create and sell additional products related to your book
Additionally, you can read about ten common self-publishing mistakes -- and how to avoid them -- and the best resources for self-publishers. Get your copy of Self-Publishing For Dummies today.
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Number of pages: 384
Weight: 522 g
Dimensions: 234 x 188 x 25 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?