Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents (Paperback)Cormac O'Brien (author), Monika Suteski (illustrator)
- Not available
Stay one step ahead and let us notify you when this item is next available to order
We will contact you when this item is next available to order.
Your high school history teachers never gave you a book like this one! Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents features outrageous and uncensored profiles of the men in the White House--complete with hundreds of little-known, politically incorrect, and downright wacko facts. You'll discover that:
- George Washington spent a whopping 7% of his salary on booze
- John Quincy Adams loved to skinny-dip in the Potomac River
- Gerald Ford once worked as a Cosmopolitan magazine cover model
- Warren G. Harding gambled with White House china when he ran low on cash
- Jimmy Carter reported a UFO sighting in Georgia
- And Richard Nixon . . . sheesh, don't get us started on Nixon!
With chapters on everyone from George Washington to Barack Obama, Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents tackles all the tough questions that other history books are afraid to ask: How many of these guys were cheating on their wives? Are there really secret tunnels underneath the White House? And what was Nancy Reagan thinking when she appeared on Diff'rent Strokes? American history was never this much fun in school!
Publisher: Quirk Books
Number of pages: 287
Weight: 408 g
Dimensions: 203 x 130 x 20 mm
"Your weekly trivia team will thank you."--Redeye Chicago
"A fascinating expose from cover to cover."--Midwest Book Review
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.