Scientific Inquiry in Mathematics - Theory and Practice: A STEM Perspective (Paperback)Andrzej Sokolowski (author)
- Temporarily unavailable
Stay one step ahead and let us notify you when this item is next available to order
We will contact you when this item is next available to order.
This valuable resource provides an overview of recent research and strategies in developing and applying modelling to promote practice-based research in STEM education. In doing so, it bridges barriers across academic disciplines by suggesting activities that promote integration of qualitative science concepts with the tools of mathematics and engineering. The volume's three parts offer a comprehensive review, by
1) Presenting a conceptual background of how scientific inquiry can be induced in mathematics classes considering recommendations of prior research,
2) Collecting case studies that were designed using scientific inquiry process designed for math classes, and
3) Exploring future possibilities and directions for the research included within.
Among the topics discussed:
* STEM education: A platform for multidisciplinary learning.* Teaching and learning representations in STEM.
* Formulating conceptual framework for multidisciplinary STEM modeling.
* Exploring function continuity in context.
* Exploring function transformations using a dynamic system.
Scientific Inquiry in Mathematics - Theory and Practice delivers hands-on and concrete strategies for effective STEM teaching in practice to educators within the fields of mathematics, science, and technology. It will be of interest to practicing and future mathematics teachers at all levels, as well as teacher educators, mathematics education researchers, and undergraduate and graduate mathematics students interested in research based methods for integrating inquiry-based learning into STEM classrooms.
Publisher: Springer Nature Switzerland AG
Number of pages: 136
Weight: 454 g
Dimensions: 235 x 155 mm
Edition: Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 201
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.