Visit our Christmas Gift Finder
Romeo and Juliet, 1597 - Malone Society Reprints S. v.163 (Hardback)
  • Romeo and Juliet, 1597 - Malone Society Reprints S. v.163 (Hardback)
zoom

Romeo and Juliet, 1597 - Malone Society Reprints S. v.163 (Hardback)

(author), (volume editor), (editor), (editor)
£25.00
Hardback 107 Pages / Published: 16/11/2000
  • Not available

This product is currently unavailable.

  • This item has been added to your basket
Shakespeare's tragedy "Romeo and Juliet" was performed around 1595 and published in 1597 in a quarto claiming on its title page that it was printed by John Danter. The present volume is a photographic facsimile of this text. Evidence, discussed in the introduction, suggests that Danter printed only 40 per cent of the book and the remaining 60 per cent was printed by Edward Allde. The relationship of this First Quarto to the Second Quarto printed in 1599 is considered. The text reproduced here includes in the margins through-line numbering both for the Quarto and for the equivalent passages in the 1623 Folio, and a table is appended which matches the Quarto pages and line numbers with the act, scene, and line numbers of the Riverside Shakespeare.

Publisher: Oxford University Press
ISBN: 9780197290392
Number of pages: 107
Weight: 434 g
Dimensions: 236 x 190 x 13 mm
Edition: Facsimile of 1597 ed

You may also be interested in...

Hamlet
Added to basket
£2.50
Paperback
The Tempest
Added to basket
£7.99
Paperback
Othello
Added to basket
£2.50
Paperback
Twelfth Night
Added to basket
Romeo and Juliet
Added to basket
Macbeth
Added to basket
£7.99   £5.99
Paperback
Romeo and Juliet
Added to basket
£7.99   £5.99
Paperback
The Merchant of Venice
Added to basket
Hamlet
Added to basket
£7.99
Paperback
Macbeth
Added to basket
£2.50
Paperback
Richard II
Added to basket
£7.99
Paperback
Othello
Added to basket
£7.99
Paperback
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Added to basket
Othello: The Oxford Shakespeare
Added to basket

Please sign in to write a review

Your review has been submitted successfully.