Rock & Pop Theory: the essential guide offers musicians of all ages and levels a practical and relevant guide to music theory today. With a special focus on popular music, this indispensable guide:
- introduces key musical concepts such as pitch, tempo, rhythm, harmony, scales, instruments, musical forms and structure
- outlines the conventions governing music notation, applying these specifically to rock & pop music
- provides interesting facts and real music examples to contextualise music theory
- offers practical tips on how to identify intervals, make up melodies and rhythms, set words to music and much more
- with foreword and chapter introductions by renowned educationalist Paul Harris
- contains quick-reference tools including an appendix, list of further repertoire examples, table of instruments, periods of music history, table of scales and modes and summary keys and time signatures.
Rock & Pop Theory: the essential guide is a joint publication, published by Faber Music and Edition Peters.
Publisher: Faber Music Ltd
Weight: 166 g
Dimensions: 172 x 114 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?