RHS How to Create your Garden: Ideas and Advice for Transforming your Outdoor Space (Hardback)Adam Frost (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
"Creating a garden doesn't need to be complicated." This is the promise from Adam Frost, BBC Gardeners' World presenter and winner of multiple Chelsea Flower Show gold medals.
Create your dream garden with a practical, uncomplicated approach to gardening that suits your lifestyle, personality, and budget!
Whether you have a small garden in the city or have hundreds of acres in the countryside, you can create an idyllic garden in whatever setting you choose with this gardening guide.
This clear and practical gardening book will show you how to easily design a garden that reflects your practical needs, lifestyle, budget, personality, soil, and climate. Here's what you'll find inside:
- Work through Q&A sessions, build mood boards and plant lists, and develop the essential skills to design, plot, and shape your space
- Step-by-step photography shows you the techniques you need to build your garden - all the hard-landscaping skills you might need, such as building a brick wall, laying paving or decking, or installing fencing or a water feature
- You are shown how those skills can be applied to different garden projects, from creating a seating area to building a simple water feature. You can mix and match projects according to your available space, tailor them to your climate and soil type, and gradually build your perfect garden, bit by bit
- A month-by-month guide shows you how to enjoy your garden space and checklists helps you with easy garden maintenance and development
Designing your garden shouldn't be a daunting task. This gardening book will help you understand your space so you can create something that works for you - your time constraints, your budget, your family requirements, the sort of plants you like, and the effect you want to achieve.
Following a practical, no-nonsense approach, this gardening guide strips away complex design concepts and focuses on your needs to help you find your own garden style, even if you're clueless about where to start. Discover simple garden design ideas that work equally well for a complete garden makeover or an elegant but low-maintenance garden.
Create your perfect garden without breaking the bank, with an easy-to-follow planting guide that is perfect for beginner and seasoned gardeners alike.
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
Number of pages: 256
Weight: 945 g
Dimensions: 240 x 201 x 25 mm
Frost, a Chelsea gold-medal winner, and
regular Gardeners' World presenter, is
a hand-holding guide, presenting his advice
in bite-sized chunks.This practical, well
illustrated book is mostly likely to appeal to
the neophyte starting from scratch. But there
is plenty the more experienced can learn from
Frost's detailed designs and planting plans.
You may also be interested in...
“How to Create Your Garden”
Inspiring, informative and a jolly good read. I love it, my garden will also love me for purchasing this lovely book.
“‘How to Create your Garden’”
I’m a complete garden novice, but this book has been a vital part of my garden planning and it’s progression. Split into well laid out and easy to follow chapters, I’m constantly referring back to it as our garden... More
Please sign in to write a review
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.