This comprehensive volume features more than 100 of his works on canvas, wood, and paper-including never-before-seen pieces courtesy of the Rex Ray estate. His playful painted-paper-collages and organic, abstract forms have earned him comparisons to artists like Paul Klee and Henri Matisse.
* Essays by celebrated writer Rebecca Solnit, art critic Christian Frock, and Ray's gallerist and friend Griff Williams
* Ray's collages and paintings are both playful and geometric.
* This vibrant book pays tribute to Ray's life and work.
Rex Ray was a successful and prolific fine artist whose art has been shown at major museums and galleries throughout the United States. Now, longtime collectors and new fans alike can revel in the beauty of Ray's inimitable body of work.
Ray's exuberantly colorful paintings and collages are a testament to the prolific artist's joy in the creative process.
* This fine art monograph is perfect for Ray's fans and collectors, as well as those discovering the power and beauty of his work for the first time.
* A perfect gift for lovers of pop art and modern design, museumgoers, fine art fans, artists, designers, and those interested in the San Francisco art scene and local history
* Great for those who loved Rex Ray: We Are All Made of Light by Griff Williams, Kevin Killa, and Rene Paul Barilleaux; House Industries: The Process Is the Inspiration by House Industries; and Barry McGee by Aaron Rose and Barry McGee
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Number of pages: 176
Weight: 1050 g
Dimensions: 287 x 211 x 22 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.