from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 19th December 2nd Class |
21st December by 3pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect to shops From 2 hours after you order*
Restoration and Revolution in Britain examines the political history of these kingdoms, from the Interregnum through Britain's eighteenth-century rise to power. Written especially for students approaching the Restoration for the first time, this essential introduction:
- assesses the reasons for the failure of settlement in the reigns of Charles and of his brother, James II
- integrates the histories of Charles's different realms
- examines the many connections between politics and Protestant religious disagreements
- provides helpful historical context for understanding a range of contemporary authors such as Bunyan, Locke and Milton
- concludes with an examination of the Glorious Revolution of 1688-89 and explains why settlement was finally achieved through revolution rather than through restoration.
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Number of pages: 376
Weight: 624 g
Dimensions: 216 x 138 x 24 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?