Responsive Web Design in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself (Paperback)Jennifer Kyrnin (author)
- In stock online
- Free UK delivery
Sams Teach Yourself Responsive Web Design in 24 Hours helps you create websites that work equally well on everything from smartphones and tablets to multi-screen monitors.
CONTENTS AT A GLANCE
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN
HOUR 1: What Is Responsive Web Design?
* History of Responsive Web Design
* Why We Need Responsive Web Design
HOUR 2: Alternatives to Responsive Web Design
* CSS Layouts
* Detection Scripts
HOUR 3: The Growth of Mobile
* Basic Cell Phones
* Retina Devices
* Why Responsive Design Is Important
HOUR 4: Progressive Enhancement
* What Is Progressive Enhancement?
* How to Use Progressive Enhancement on a
* Benefits of Progressive Enhancement
HOUR 5: HTML for Responsive Web Design
* Clean Code
* Don't Forget Semantic Elements
* Validating Your HTML
HOUR 6: Basic CSS
* How to Write CSS Rules
* Embedded and External Style Sheets
* Styling Fonts and Colors
* Creating a Layout with CSS
* Understanding Cascading and Specificity
PART II: BUILDING A RESPONSIVE WEBSITE
HOUR 8: Planning a Responsive Website
* Should You Make Your Website Responsive?
* How to Plan for a Responsive Website
HOUR 9:Mobile First
* Why Design for Mobile First?
* What Makes a Site Mobile Friendly?
* What About Mobile Only?
HOUR 10: CSS Media Queries
* What Is a Media Query?
* Media Query Expressions
HOUR 11: Breakpoints
* What Is a Breakpoint?
* How to Define Breakpoints in CSS
* Optimal Breakpoints
HOUR 12: Layout
* What Is Web Layout?
* Types of Layouts
* Columns in Layout
HOUR 13: Navigation
* Why Responsive Navigation Is Important
* What Makes Navigation Mobile Friendly?
* Basic RWD Navigation Patterns
HOUR 14: Responsive Fonts and Typography
* Using Web Fonts
* Sizing Typography
* Relative Versus Absolute Font Sizes
* New CSS3 Measurement Units
HOUR 15: Creating and Using Images in RWD
* Making Images Responsive
* Improving Download Speeds
* Building and Using Retina-Ready Images
HOUR 16: Videos and Other Media in RWD
* Making YouTube Videos Responsive
HOUR 17: Tables in Responsive Web Design
* Tables on Small Devices
* Can Tables Be Responsive?
* Where Do Layout Tables Fit in RWD?
HOUR 18: Responsive Web Forms
* HTML5 Forms
* Making Web Forms Usable
* Creating Responsive Forms
HOUR 19: Testing Responsive Websites
* Testing in Your Browser
* Testing in a Device for All Your Breakpoints
* How to Test When You Don't Have the Devices
HOUR 20: Problems with Responsive Web Design
* RWD Can Make More Work for Designers
* Not All Customers Like Responsive Sites
* RWD May Break Advertising
PART III: IMPROVING RESPONSIVE DESIGN
HOUR 21: Tools for Creating Responsive Web Designs* Planning and Designing Your RWD Site
* HTML Element and CSS Tools
* Web Editors for Building Responsive Web Pages
HOUR 22: Device and Feature Detection
* Why Use Detection Scripts
HOUR 23: Using RESS with RWD
* What Is RESS?
* Benefits of Using RESS
* Getting Started with RESS
* When to Use RESS
HOUR 24: RWD Best Practices
* Give Everyone the Best Experience
* Use the Best Breakpoints You Can
* Be Flexible and Think Small
* Don't Forget the Content
* Manage Costs
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 384
Weight: 656 g
Dimensions: 231 x 190 x 20 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?