Religious Studies for Common Entrance Teacher's Resource Book Second Edition - Religious Studies for Common Entrance (Paperback)Susan Grenfell (author)
- In stock online
- Free UK delivery
The second edition of the best-selling Religious Studies for Common Entrance is the authoritative textbook to prepare pupils for the compulsory sections of the Independent Schools Examination Board's (ISEB) Common Entrance Religious Studies examination.
Updated and revised to reflect the new syllabus, this book covers all the nominated Old Testament and New Testament texts through an investigative approach, providing active learning for the classroom as well as tasks for independent study and revision. For both the Old and New Testament texts Religious Studies for Common Entrance provides three components:
- Encounter: dynamic encounter with the Bible text itself, using a range of techniques including dramatic readings, story strips, and re-tellings.
- Understand: clear explanation of the background to the text and the key ideas and concepts underlying it, leading to engaging tasks to deepen understanding.
- Apply: connecting these ideas to contemporary moral and social issues. These range from the personal, such as how to deal with anger or resentment, to the global, such as the imperative to care for the environment.
Digging Deeper tasks are more challenging. Section 3 of the book, 'People and issues', profiles significant individual Christians such as Jackie Pullinger, Mother Teresa, and newly added, the work of A Rocha and Help for Heroes.
This Teacher's Resource Book provides:
- teaching notes and worksheets to support all the main enquiries in the Pupil's Book
- practice examination questions for all OT and NT texts
- study skills sheets to develop revision and examination skills.
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 188
Weight: 562 g
Dimensions: 296 x 217 x 14 mm