Recording Secrets for the Small Studio - Sound On Sound Presents... (Paperback)Mike Senior (author)
Discover how to achieve commercial-grade recordings, even in the smallest studios, by applying power-user techniques from the world's most successful producers.
Recording Secrets for the Small Studio is an intensive training course specifically designed for small-studio enthusiasts who want a fast track to release-quality results. Based on the backroom strategies of more than 200 famous names, this thorough and down-to-earth guide leads you through a logical sequence of practical tasks to build your live-room skills progressively from the ground up. On the way, you'll unravel the mysteries of many specialist studio tactics and gain the confidence to tackle a full range of real-world recording situations. User-friendly explanations introduce technical concepts on a strictly need-to-know basis, while chapter summaries, assignments, and extensive online resources are perfect for school and college use.
* Learn the fundamental principles of mic technique that you can apply in any recording scenario -- and how to avoid those rookie mistakes that all too often compromise the sonics of lower-budget productions.
* Explore advanced techniques which help industry insiders maintain their competitive edge even under the most adverse conditions: creative phase manipulation, improvised acoustics tweaks, inventive monitoring workarounds, subtle psychological tricks...
* Find out where you don't need to spend money, as well as how to make a limited budget really count.
* Make the best use of limited equipment and session time, especially in situations where you're engineering and producing single-handed.
* Pick up tricks and tips from celebrated engineers and producers across the stylistic spectrum, including Steve Albini, Roy Thomas Baker, Joe Barresi, Tchad Blake, Bruce Botnick, Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, Jack Douglas, Geoff Emerick, Paul Epworth, Humberto Gatica, Nigel Godrich, Andy Johns, Eddie Kramer, Kevin Killen, George Massenburg, Hugh Padgham, Alan Parsons, Jack Joseph Puig, Phil Ramone, Bob Rock, Elliott Scheiner, Al Schmitt, Bruce Swedien, Butch Vig, Tony Visconti, and many, many more...
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 448
Weight: 952 g
Dimensions: 235 x 191 mm
"If you’re serious about learning proper recording technique, plan to read this one twice and then keep it in a handy place for the occasional memory refresher." David Baer, SoundBytes Magazine
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?