Readings and Cases in International Management: A Cross-Cultural Perspective (Paperback)David C. Thomas (author)
- We can order this
Readings and Cases in International Management is a compilation of contemporary readings and case studies that focus on managing global organizations. Intended as a companion to editor David C Thomas' Essentials of International Management: A Cross-Cultural Perspective (SAGE, 2001), great care has been taken to select readings that do not duplicate, but supplement, material typically contained in texts on this topic. The readings and cases in this book are organized around three major themes: the basis for understanding the influence of culture on international management, the key roles that international managers play, and the important challenges that these managers face.
Designed to represent a broad geographic scope, this integrative volume includes
- An explanation of how culture influences individual managers
- Methods to systematically describe cultural differences
- Fundamental principles that influence cross-cultural interactions
- An examination of managers as communicators, negotiators, change agents, and organization builders
- Procedures for designing effective organizational structures
Readings and Cases in International Management presents ways to maximize the positive effects of cultural diversity while minimizing the negative consequences. An index of key terms, teaching notes, and a quick reference guide are provided to facilitate learning.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 400
Weight: 652 g
Dimensions: 254 x 177 x 25 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review